Saturday, March 17, 2012

School day's over.

My term with THINK Together has reached its end.  Just like I anticipated, it was a very sad departure.  Parents, school staff, volunteers, coworkers, and of course the students all gave me their best wishes and love.  I don't think I have ever given that many hugs in one afternoon in my life.  One third grader in particular said a few things that cause me to tear up instantly.  Luckily no one noticed as I just continued to send each student off to their parents.  I promised them that I will be visiting at least once a month for the remaining school year, and that's a promise I won't break.  Thank you for all the experience you have given me to work with the youth, and I'm sure you will find someone even better to take my place.  Take care, Granite Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment