Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Zion!



Vanessa and I went on our next adventure in early August. The destination this time was the spectacular Zion National Park in Utah. This was Vanessa's second time, so I just followed her lead this time around. It was about an 7 hour drive, passing Vegas at a record time of 2.75 hours! By Friday morning at 10, we reached our hotel in Springdale, the official town in which it provides free shuttles that takes you directly to the trails. We conquered two strenuous trails, one in which conquered my right knee (again). We saw the breathtaking overview of the park known as the Observation Point and we hiked through water with walls as tall as skyscrapers guiding us along the way known as The Narrows. I have only seen places like these in travel magazines and movies, but to see it in real life made any pain worth it. I was so happy to sleep in a hotel room instead of a tent this time around.







No comments:

Post a Comment