Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Greatest Bastard

This was by far my most anticipated and long-awaited concert.  It has been a wish of mine to see Damien Rice live.  By the time I graduated from high school, this man went on a eight year hiatus with no new records and concerts.  I thought I had missed my chance to ever see him perform.  His songs are so well crafted that nearly every song in both of his albums are worth listening to over and over again.  However, when the news came that he was releasing a new album with a tour to follow with it, I was the first one on board in purchasing tickets.  I was able to get tickets for Vanessa and I at the Greek theater.  I was so happy to have Vanessa see him with me because I was sure that she would enjoy it as much as I would. 

His show was surprising funny.  Given the fact that all his songs are very depressing and sad, his conversations and transitions between the songs had everyone laughing.  His performances were spot on as expected and it was a solo performance for the most part.  He performed every song that I wanted to hear and although I wished he had a violinist or a female vocalist accompanying him, it was great night for music. This was by far my favorite concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment