Monday, February 18, 2013

My sweetest Valentine

I had work till 8 on the day of Valentines, so we agreed on celebrating both our Valentines and 4 months on the following weekend.  Despite me showing up to her house late that night, her parents were nice enough to cook us Vanessa's favorite dishes.  We had carne en su jugo and green enchiladas, along with horchata and chocolate flan.  All of which was homemade by the cooking duo.  We ate so much, and the four of us chatted about exotic foods and how the parents fell in love in high school.

On the following Saturday, I had about 90 minutes between the time I got off work and the time I had to be at her house to make my plan work.  Gathering stuff from home and running through several stores, I was able to make it to Vanessa's house by 4.45.  We were then at English Springs Park by 5, and I parked as she figures out that I had planned us a picnic.  I then open the trunk and took the green picnic basket and a blanket covering the top, along with my guitar.  We found a shaded spot next to the pond and settled in.  In the basket was two wine glasses with a bottle of girly red wine, accompanied by an assortment of cheeses, meats, and cheesecake.  It all went extremely well, despite having a bunch of ducks surrounding us at one point, haha.


For Valentines, I gave Vanessa a heart-shaped locket with a picture of us inside. She got me a new phone case, a girlfriend coupon book, and both of us matching pairs of TOMS shoes!  

Valentines did not suck this year, finally, :D

No comments:

Post a Comment