Monday, February 18, 2013

The offer and the decision.

On my birthday, Vanessa got us tickets to Ed Sheeran at the Nokia Theatre! Time blew by quick and the show was this past Sunday. At the time when she purchased the tickets, Ed Sheeran was not yet nominated for the Grammys. With his quick rise to stardom, his ticket prices followed suit. We checked the black market to find out that our tickets had went up by 250 percent, going for about $300 per ticket! So we posted our tickets on Craiglists the night prior to the show, just to see if anyone would call and buy them.

And on Sunday, 4 hours prior to the show, I get a call from a lady asking if I still had them. I replied yes and she said that she wanted them and was willing to pay my asking price. She then told me that she would give me a call back in a hour to arrange a way to pick up the tickets. And within that hour, I called Vanessa and we both discussed on what to do. We both thought that we would want to sell since we got excited to post it up on craigslist, but when I got that call, that feeling went away. Vanessa wasn't sure either on what to do with the tickets, and she left me to make the final decision. I took a shower, and it was a miserable one. I felt so shitty and I hadn't even reached a decision yet. After the shower, I decided to give the woman a call instead of waiting. I then made the decision and told her "The tickets aren't for sale anymore." She was overall displeased, and with a few more exchanges, I hung up the phone.

It felt like the world was lifted off my shoulders after that phone call. At first, I thought that having the extra $600 would be awesome for us to use towards a future vacation. But we would be giving up an experience in which we both were excited for. I would be giving up on the artist that I listened to the most during the first weeks of me meeting Vanessa. We may never get a chance to see him again, but we would always have a chance to make $600.

So the night went on as it was originally planned. I had called The Koi to make a reservation for dinner a few weeks back. We got to the valet right on time and we were seated immediately. The presentation of the food was astounding, and the taste was even better. And at the end of our dinner, our waitress brought out our dessert with a candle and a "happy anniversary" chocolate bar on top of the sundae. I thank the restaurant for accommodating my special request. :)

Then it was the Ed Sheeran's concert. I never noticed how pretty that part of L.A. was. We got our drinks in hand and found our awesome seats. Ten minutes within seating and being mesmerized by the amount of people in the sold out event, Ed comes out. His performance was amazing, and his personality made it even better. Thank goodness I said no to the woman with the offer, cause this would've been one of the biggest regrets in my life if I was to miss it.


No comments:

Post a Comment